Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post Thanksgiving


Wow, it's been a week since I've made a blog post! Usually when I don't post anything for a while it's because nothing much has happened in the way of blog fodder. Not so with this week though.


Let me start with the most important news to me: Suzie's back! She rolled into town in her late uncle Eugene's 2004 Chevy 12-passenger van last night at about 6:30 or so, worn out from the road and ready to relax. It's great to have her back, and she is glad to be back. When you think about it, she's been gone from her family members for a month. It's only been two weeks since I've seen her, but I missed her no less I'm sure. She got to sleep in a bit this morning and she headed towards her home a couple hours ago. As you can see, even Mona missed her ->

Thanksgiving went off without a hitch pretty much. Sarah both went at the same time, but each took our own vehicles because she had to leave earlier. Everybody was enjoying themselves and the ol' man didn't go weird on us. I took over a big container of Costco's brand of mixed nuts, a couple kinds of crackers, and some jalapeno/artichoke dip (also from Costco). A side note: When I stopped into our new local Costco the other night to pick those two items up, I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had a self-checkout area. I was out of there in under 15 minutes!
Back to Thanksgiving--Denis brought me the external cd player and floppy drive that goes with the little Dell Latitude laptop that he gave me last summer (the one that is plugged into my living room stereo). The unit is too small to actually have a built-in of either one so they instead provide a little dongle cable so you can plug them each in as needed. As I recall, he couldn't find them back when he gave me the laptop. I ended up staying a little while after everyone left, yakking with my folks. From there I did a quick stop in at Teresa's house to drop off a check for her that I had in my wallet. Her brother was there with his two daughters. Teresa hosted dinner for them and Sarah. From there I dropped in at our old friends Kurt and Noelle and had a few drinks. Seems like a regular Thanksgiving thing to go over there. Teresa even popped in an hour or so after I got there. Kinda weird how the two ex's end up visiting like that...

Did I go out on Black Friday? You bet! I didn't go far though. Just down the street to Office Depot. I bought two 4-gig Compactflash cards (one for me and one for Suz) at a mere $14.99 each. They opened at 6am, so that wasn't much of a stretch for me. From there I dropped in at Fred Meyer and bought two 2-gig Kingston flash drives at $6.99 each (again, one for Suz). Those are the only places I went and the only things I bought. I did, however, spend some time online afterward researching and buying a Christmas present for Sarah. It sure beats going out and fighting crowds for it!

Well, that about puts me back up to speed. Oh wait--I forgot to mention work. They fired Bob on Tuesday. Remember Bob? You can read one of my blurbs about him in my September 18th post. It's been a long time coming, but it's good. He was just causing too many weird problems. The only bad thing about it is that others of us will have to pick up the slack (such as driving). Things should be back to normal this Monday because my supervisor, Bruce, will be back from his vacation in Florida.

I'll give Suzie some time to get re-aquainted with her home and family before I go up there later on. They've got a lot to talk about I'm sure.

No comments: