Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting Mail and Sarah's Prom


That's a strange title combination isn't it?

So what's the big deal about getting mail? Well, yesterday I received my first actual mail at Suzie's mailbox, and it was kinda weird. Well, it's kinda weird from two perspectives really:

  1. It was the first mail I've received at what will be my new address. (Hey, I still sometimes hesitate when it comes to reciting this address, and I've lived here for how long?!) I'm confident that I have finally memorized my new address though. Go ahead--Test me.
  2. The content of the item received in the mail. It was my new driver's license. Coincidentally, my license expired this month, and it was a no-brainer to have the new one show my upcoming address.
Okay, enough of that... Now let's get to the real meat of the post.

A milestone for Sarah happened this last weekend: Her senior prom! She and her boyfriend came up to Sue's house on Saturday to get some help from Rachyl on the corsage and the... The... Well, whatever that other thing is called. Apparently, Rachyl had some experience in her past with such things and offered her services. While Sue and I were up at her house working on some things in the back yard, I was telling her how glad I was that I didn't still live in their household during such times of preparation, because when nerves and the clock crash together for any event she was gearing up for, she and her mother created an awful lot of shouting and frustration. Anyway, everybody's timing was fine. We both got our chores finished by the time they showed up, and Rachyl got their things done for them.

I provided a little chauffering service for them too. Sarah asked me a week or two ago if I (we) would take pictures of them on prom night. What was agreed upon by all her friends was a meeting in Seattle along the Alki waterfront for a photo session. Sarah, being a new driver, really didn't have much of a concept about distances and relationships between areas of Seattle, and wondered how far away from Alki the famous "Troll Under the Bridge" was. I assured her that they were not even close. The more I thought about it though, the more I decided I could pull it off if we went there before we met everyone at the waterfront, so that's exactly what we did.

Both photo sessions turned out well, and our timing was perfect. I guess it was fortunate that we made no wrong turns--That's how close it was. In the end though, we delivered them safely to their first destination of the evening at El Bistro in downtown Seattle. From that point on they rode another couple from place to place. Apparently the evening went well, which is good. All I know is that Sarah looked beautiful, and her boyfriend was dressed handsomely as well. They were a great looking couple.

I uploaded all the pictures that Suzie and I took. Usually, we only upload the good shots, but because it was a special event and there would be a lot of laughing and pointing and sharing, we opted to upload them all. There are some pretty good ones. Some are from Sue's back yard before we left, some from the imfamous Troll, and the rest are from the Harbor Island side of Alki point in Seattle. You can get to them via the Our Pictures link over on the right, or click the link below for a shortcut.

Sarah's Prom Photo Extravaganza

No comments: