Friday, November 03, 2006

Friday Morning


Sometimes you can tell when a person like myself has a pretty good week--Not many blog entries. It seems to almost be a gauge of how things are going, as much as what is going on.

Rhon has been smacked with a killer bout of the flu this week, so I gave her a call last night. Right away I was both glad and sorry that I called. Glad because I could tell that my call meant a lot to her, but sorry because it was a struggle to talk without coughing. I could feel the pain she was experiencing in her coughs. I know that no kind of sickness is ever any good, but the flu can be real trying. There's always the feeling of freezing to death when you have a fever, but then there are all those other crappy symptoms that may or may not be present in varying degrees that really take the wind out of your sails. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad Rhonda... I hope your couple days of rest will put you back to feeling good again.

Sunday I was thinking about buying something online when it occurred to me that I should wait. See, like most people I've had a Visa card for quite a while. I use a debit card for my day-to-day purchases, but never online. For those purchases, I use a Visa card. Anyway, my Visa is a joint card with my name and Teresa's on it. She no longer has a card, but for liability reasons I've been meaning to get her cleared off of it. To do that, all they can do is close your account and reopen a new one for you. I just wanted to wait for a zero balance to take place first. I have my Visa card on autopay so it is never late, but I have some things set up to use it (like my long distance phone carrier) automatically every month. Really, it's just a matter of timing. I need a new account to change all my existing users to, then one by one I change their payment information to the new card, then close that old account. To make a long story short (whoops, too late for that!) I reapplied on Sunday, so my new one is on its way. That's good... I want to buy some things.

This week started out with nighttime temps in the upper 20's, but fortunately it has changed to the usual rainy crap that we all pretend we're used to. I hate rain, but I also hate scraping windows in the morning. I'm not as lucky as some people are--My cars are parked outside. I do still miss not having my car in a garage, but I think if my big garage is all I miss from my married life, I'm WAY ahead.

This is the slow time of year at work, so I've been busying myself with cleaning and organizing projects. I seem to have a knack for that sort of thing, and I get results. I've been working hard the last couple days in one particular area of the shop that's "out of sight/out of mind" and I'm almost finished. It was one of those enclosed areas where there bins of hardware, supplies, tools, and many other shop-related things. It used to be called the Maintenance Area, but I always called it the Hardware Store. For the last year or so, it was practically impossible to even walk into it. But that was before Rick hit... Things are different now.

We finally got our truck back at work the other day. I'm talking about the big truck that one of my cohorts crashed several weeks ago. We've had a rental truck ever since that happened, and it was a nice new one. One of the owners and myself went out on Wednesday and turned it in and picked ours up from the repair shop. Back to the old plain no-frills truck again.

1 comment:

Rhon said...

Thanks so much for the call Rick, I really appreciated that you thought of me. :-)...luv ya baby.