Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


At this point in the day it's just any other day, but I'm hoping it will be a good day. I always hope that the day with the family will be a good one and it usually is. If it's not, it's only due to the actions of my dad. I totally love spending time with everyone else in the family. As a matter of fact, Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday--Even above Christmas!

I was amused by a comic I read yesterday that kinda hit home (click on it if you want to see it full size):

I'm going to make some garlic-roasted carrots to take along, and also some appetizers. For the appetizers I'm making bacon-wrapped water chestnuts (those are baked... toothpick holding them together), and something called "Angels on Horseback." They are essentially oysters that are marinaded in wine, pepper, and garlic, then wrapped with bacon and broiled on both sides until crispy looking. I think they'll be interesting.

In addition I'm taking booze of course. This year I'm taking two 6-packs of Hornsby's Hard Apple Cider. I had some at Teresa's house a while back (I think I mentioned it) and recently bought some myself. I drank 3 bottles the other night after work and they definitely pack a good little buzz. Pretty good stuff. I figure 2 sixers will allow enough for others to try out as well. Pretty sad when you feel you need booze to put up with one of your parental units isn't it?

I've been working overtime for the last 6 work days. I was a little miffed at first, but the time went by quickly, and I found it fairly easy to do once I got my head used to it. I worked the special assembly project (gluing foam onto parts) with Elaine for the first 4 days of my overtime stretch, and because of that my normal job inbox grew by leaps and bounds. That's what I've been working on during the last two days. It will help me cover the new laptop for Sarah that I just ordered from Dell. Not to mention the fact that utility bills are always higher during these months. At any rate, overtime certainly can't hurt.

Well, to those who read me, I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: