Monday, November 12, 2007

The Sunday Sicklies


That's what I had I guess--I was in bad shape all day yesterday. I think I had the flu.

I woke up yesterday morning with a splitting headache. I mean a bad one. I wasn't even going to wait to see if the caffeine in my coffee had any effect on it--I smacked it with Excedrin right off the bat. Even that didn't kill it completely.

I did my blog post yesterday during my coffee, but I barely got my coffee down and my stomach decided it was going to jump into the fray. I never "lost" anything, but I did have to go lie down for a while. It was during that time under the covers that I noticed I was getting colder. After an hour or so I got up, intending to do some daily chores. Sarah called and wanted to come over and borrow my laptop while I have hers here overhauling it. I was still in my robe at that point, so I reluctantly got dressed, not wanting to look like the derelict I felt like. She and Teresa came over and were here for a few minutes while we got everything together. After they left I put my robe back on.

Over my clothes.

I was still freezing, and in the back of my mind my headache was still there. It was making just enough of itself known that I wouldn't forget about it. I decided at that point that I would try a little grown-up medicine. Five or six vodka/cranberry's later it seemed to be working well. Although I was still cold, I felt good enough to cook dinner. After I wolfed a baked potato, a whole can of green beans, and 3 pieces of pan-fried Tilapia, I felt pretty good. Trouble is, couple all those drinks and all that food and what do you get?

Tired, that's what.

I lay down on my bed and dozed for a couple hours. When I got up it was only an hour or so until bedtime, but I noticed my chills had pretty much subsided. I was beginning to think that last night would have to be the first time in years I might have to wear something under the covers, but by bedtime I seemed fine.

Now this morning it's like it never happened.

No comments: