Monday, November 05, 2007

Okay, okay... So it's Monday...


...And I haven't posted anything since Friday. Obviously, my weekend wasn't anything much to write about or I would probably already done so. It wasn't a bad weekend, just a "dum dee dum" weekend.

My Friday night was so special I really don't remember a single thing about it. For the life of me, I can't even remember what the hell I ate for dinner that night even. Obviously, it was not a newsworthy evening.

When I finally got up and around on Saturday morning, I was just leaving to go over to the store to get some beer so it would be cold by beer drinking time when Steve rode up on his new Harley. It was sweet! The model is a Street Glide, and it's very nice. It had all the smells of something that still isn't used to getting hot--The paint, the metal--All were emitting that "new bike" smell. Well, I'm only assuming that because I've never owned a new bike... After visiting with him for a while, he left and I continued to the store to get my beer, which was needed because I planned on spending the rest of my day out in the garage/driveway putting the steering column back into my truck. During the time I was out there, my friend Greg drove up, showing off the new tires he had just had put on his Scion. He's the kind of guy that totally loves doing garage work, and he ended up out there working with me the whole rest of the day.

I put the steering column in (containing the new ignition switch) and the original "no start" problem was still there. At that point, we took the distributor out and dissected it, testing things as we went. One part of it was "iffy" so I opted to replace that portion of it. After we went downtown and bought the replacement portion, we bench-tested it with a battery. When we spun it by hand we got a nice hot blue spark. After putting it back in the truck we got nothing. Weird. About the time we were playing with it, something else gave up and no power was going to the starter any more. Needless to say, it was a good day even though the truck still isn't any better. Everything we did went without a hitch and the weather was fantastic.

Yesterday was an indoor day. It started out by setting clocks back from daylight savings time, then Sarah coming over to do homework. At least she's got good options for doing homework--Some kids probably don't even have computers... Even in this day and age. Anyway, while she was doing that I was doing laundry and washing dishes and stuff. At about noon I took her back home (her mom had dropped her off that morning on the way to do some shopping or something). The rest of the day was just a putzing around day... Cleaning and computer stuff. Right before the sun went down, I went out and took the starter out of my truck and tore into it on the bench. Eventually I'll get to the bottom of what ails that goddamned truck...

That was my weekend.

One additional thing I will talk about though concerns my strange sleep pattern of last week. For some reason I woke every day of the week at 2am give or take 10 minutes. I swear it was that regular. It started a week ago on Sunday night/Monday morning. Each of the days of the week the exact same thing. Once or twice I heard a car running outside, but not each of the days, so I doubt if there was something that woke me up each night. If there was, it was quick and I never knew what it was.

The trouble was that every single day of the week that it happened, and I mean every single time it happened I never did get back to sleep. What that boils down to is this: I go to bed at 10pm, wake up at 2am, and get up at 4am. That's not a lot of sleep. I noticed Friday night's sleep was marginally better, but I still woke up at that time. The only difference was that I was able to just stay in bed because it was Saturday morning, so although I never really got back to sleep, I still was able to get enough rest before getting up. Saturday night was better, and last night was back to a full night's sleep again.

I've noticed something about me and my body: For some reason, when I get something that's bothering me or ailing me, I always seem to have it for 5-6 days. Whether it's a headache or whatever--5-6 days.

Isn't that weird?

No comments: