Friday, August 22, 2008

Ahh... Friday...


It's been an odd week. I think it's mostly the weather that has made it odd though. Like a few of us at work have been saying, "Wow, it's sure nice to be able to have the shop doors all open in October. Yes, it has been just like October the last several days. As a matter of fact, when "October" rolled in during the wee hours of Sunday morning we even got a nice little light show from mother nature. It woke me at about 3:30, and I spent about a half hour taking pictures from my bedroom window. Out of about a hundred I took, only 7 had any lightning in them. That's the way it goes. This one was my best:


It's been barely rainy and nasty pretty much all week long, and believe me--We're tired of it. It's August! We need to have a certain amount of sweaty, nasty days just so we can appreciate fall and winter when they arrive.

Saturday was hot tub day up at Suzie's house. It was a hot, hot day and we spent it putting her hot tub together. It was a lot of work on such a hot day, but it was really something we wanted to get done. It would have been the perfect day to be bare out there, but there were other people around. Tony did the rewiring while we were physically putting the tub back together so that when we were completely finished and the tub was filled up we were ready to hit the button. Hmm... It's not getting hot... We were disappointed of course, but frankly, we were so tired from working on it all day that we were just happy to have it completed. We would troubleshoot it some other time. Well, I did troubleshoot it two days ago and it turns out that we have a wiring problem: It was only wired for 125 volts and it's a 220-volt hot tub. That meant the compressor (which only needed 125 volts) ran perfectly but the heater did nothing. We'll give it another shot this weekend. We're optimistic enough that Suz is shopping Ebay for a swivel umbrella to put over it so we can sit out and enjoy the hot tub even if it's pouring rain.

This week has been one for Suzie. She had a colonoscopy yesterday. While that in itself is one thing, it's the dietary stuff leading up to it that creates the hassle. There is a huge list of "don't-eat" items on the list--Especially important on the last day. Her daughter dropped her off at her appointment yesterday morning. I received the phone call to pick her up at about 10am so I sped up and helped her get herself together and took her home. The bottom line? She had two polyps that they deftly removed with their little camera/removal tool. I understand that colon cancers usually(?) start from polyps, so she was feeling very good about having it done. I made a lame joke about it "being behind her" but it went over her head at the time because she was still groggy. Now that I look at it, it was so lame I'm surprised I even took the time to type it...

Tomorrow is Nudestock. Will I go? I don't know. The weather is just barely coming back now and it looks like it will be nice enough for it so I may go up there for a little while. I would really like to see what this year's t-shirt design looks like. I love their t-shirts. They're cool designs, great quality, and only 10 bucks! We'll see.

I've had to drive the car for the last couple days but I'll be on two wheels again today. I have ridden the bike to work so much in the last couple weeks that it feels weird to drive the car. I think it was Monday that I had the most "uh-oh" thoughts about it when it rained all day at work. It was dry when it was time to go to work so I thought I'd gamble on it. Fortunately it stopped right at quitting time so I could ride home in freshly-washed air. Or was that Tuesday? I dunno... Rain for a week in August is just not right any way you slice it.

No comments: