Friday, December 28, 2007

Announcing: A New Blog Feature!


First of all, Happy Friday!

I only get a standard weekend this time--No Monday off. It will be weird working Monday then getting Tuesday off, but it should make the week go by fairly easily.

Okay, let's get right to the new blog feature. Blogger has offered this feature since way back when but I never took advantage of it. What is it? It's the ability to attach one or more "labels" to each post I make.

So what does that mean?

It didn't mean much to me at first, but as the blog went on and got longer and longer I could see some benefit. Not really to me, but to you--The reader. If you look over to the right in the menu column under "Post Labels", you'll see the categories I have my blog entries under. These are categories I have at this time--I can add any new ones as my blog entry content dictates. I actually took the time to attach labels to each post I have made in this blog up to now, and that in itself was not an easy task. Now I just have to do each new entry as I make it, and that's easy.

What good is it?

For example, if you enjoy my ability to tell a story in rhyme (my favorite entries), you can look over and click on "poetry" and it will list all the blog entries I have under that category.

Anyway, it's just something I finally started doing and thought I'd pass it on.

No comments: