Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wednesday Morning Confusion


This morning I woke up the second I went to bed. At least that's what it felt like. I also awoke in complete confusion, wondering why my radio suddenly started playing.

Maybe it was something I ate? No, more than likely it was how much I ate.

Suzie and I hit the Old Country Buffet last night. They have an "E-Club" that you can belong to, and they send you a "buy one-get one free" coupon on your birthday. They expire in a short time so we had to use it. I hadn't been to one of those places for years--Probably since before Sarah was born. We had a good time. I believe I ended up going back 3 more times for a new plate after the original one was finished. Although that sounds like a lot, they weren't heaping--They were just different arrays of stuff I wanted to try. Besides the occasional "too this" or "too that" (I'm pretty picky you know) it was all good pretty good.

Let's see what else is going on in my life lately. Hmm.

I've been getting up 15 minutes earlier than I used to lately. I found that I was running just "slightly" short on time every morning. Although most people wouldn't get up anywhere near the time I do if they didn't have to, it works for me. Maybe some day it won't work for me and I'll stop. Anyway, the extra 15 minutes seems to be working out well so far.

I'm kinda worried about a bump on the side of my face that recently sprang up. It's very weird. It's like my body decided almost instantly that there should be a bump there. It started off life feeling all the world like nothing more than an ingrown hair, but one day it got nicked while shaving and it bled and bled. It's about ¼" in diameter and reddish. It doesn't hurt, itch, or otherwise cause any discomfort other than the fact that it's right where I have to shave. Okay, and the fact that it shouldn't be there... Yes, I have an appointment with a dermie doc (I'm not stupid) but it won't be until next month that I can get in. I hate it when my body does something weird--Especially where everyone can see it. It's very embarrassing and it makes me nervous as to what it is.

A few days back I blogged about numbers. Wouldn't you know it that on the very day I mentioned the score I had going on my retired cell phone playing Tetris I lost it all. It's the stupidest thing too. If you accidentally select "new game" instead of "continue saved game" it resets it all to zero, and that's exactly what I did. I think my score was something like 1,790,000 or thereabouts. Oh well... Now I don't feel like playing it any more, which is just as well I guess.

I've been adding lots of pictures to my pictures site, but nothing has been new really. I'm still playing "catch-up" with albums of pictures I already had. I sure like the usability of that site! Along those same lines, I also did a little minor consolidation of my regular website. I basically combined a couple of separate web pages into the main photography page. There wasn't much info on them and there probably would never be, so I just added the info to the main page and deleted them both.

Work is still very busy and the place is still every bit as fragmented as it was. Their "growing pains" have still not been addressed yet, and likely won't be real soon. The "brothers La Croix" are very cautious when it comes to business decisions. The key here though is that they are actively involved in such a thing almost every day. There have been lots of long "planning" meetings during the day between them. Although my job is very busy, I can still keep up with it without overtime. Suzie isn't so lucky. She has been working extra hours every day for a few weeks now, and the end really isn't in sight that I can see.

We're both looking forward to our Harley adventure in just over a week from now and hoping for good weather. I'm predicting a good time--After all, we're leaving on Friday the 13th! It's just for a couple days, so it's no biggee, but still--It's an adventure and it should be fun. It will be Suzie's first "Harley event". Although she has been around a few gatherings of bikers and wannabe's, she still hasn't really been to an event yet. This one in Toppenish might be fun. If nothing else, she will be amazed at the Anecortes Oyster Run in September. That one is HUGE!

No comments: