Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Bring on the Speed


You wouldn't think so, but I wonder if it's true: Modems wear out on a regular basis? No, you wouldn't think so. After all, they're electronic--They have no moving parts.

It was August of 2006 when I went through the same thing I just went through: My internet stopping and starting. The fix then? A new modem.

After having a cable guy here to check my line a week or so ago (and finding nothing wrong), I opted to find myself another modem. I found a smokin' deal on a replacement that is virtually identical to one I'm replacing, and just like before, not only is my stopping and starting fixed (hopefully anyway) but my internet is way faster. I recall the same thing before. Apparently, over time the speed gets slightly slower and slower. You don't really notice it because it took so long to get to that point. When you hook up a new modem: WHOOSH!

It's good to be surfing at Warp 10 again.

No comments: