Monday, February 16, 2009

A Major Announcement


Ricky and Suzie are officially engaged to be married!

Yes, it's true-- She wears an engagement ring. I think both of us knew way back when that this would come--We just "click" too well for it not to. The events of the past year have taught us about one another: The good, the bad, the likes & dislikes--There are so many things we've explored and learned about each other. We even had one "breakup" a couple months ago, and that lasted about... I dunno... One day? We were miserable, and I think it just reinforced our bond.

We love and need each other, and we intend to keep loving and needing each other.

The biggest hurdle we face at this time is the actual physical fitting of me into her household. While I don't have a lot of stuff, there really is no room for me at this time. Fortunately, we're not getting married this instant so we'll have time to work the logistics out before that takes place. Her house isn't a giant one by any means, and at this time she still has two boys living at home. Only Dane, her 20 year-old is actually living there. Keith, her 18 year-old, does have a bedroom there, but spends most of his time at his dad's house (we think). The bottom line is that Dane is shopping to move out as soon as possible (and has been for some time). Keith? Who knows. He's a very quiet young man and it's hard to communicate with him. He may end up rooming with her daughter Rachyl.

As I said, we don't have a date. What we have agreed on is we'd like it to be a back yard wedding at her house (she has a nice setting for it). We're discussing the possibility of having some sort of a Medieval aspect to it as well. You know, the way people dress for the Renaissance Faire when they have them? We're not sure yet about all that. We just know one thing: We want it to be a FUN wedding--One that people won't be in a hurry to leave from. Wedding and party all in one place.

I'm not sure I'll go to the extent of renaming my blog, but it's indeed apparent that there will be a Rix Life, Part VI.

1 comment:

Rhon said...

Congratulations! I wish you both the most amazing life together. She is a very lucky lady.