Sunday, February 01, 2009

What a Strange Thing


I woke up this morning and glanced over at my clock: 3:15. Good, not time to get up yet. The next thing I know I wake up and look over at it and it says 3:52.

Oh shit, I forgot to set my alarm!

I got up and started furiously bustling around, doing all my usual Monday morning stuff. I got the garbage all ready to go out, made my sandwich, and even got a crock pot ready to go with pork roast in it. I'm sitting up here at 4:30, drinking my coffee and reading the online news. Hmm... That's funny--There's nothing about a Super Bowl winner.

Then it hit me. I waved my mouse pointer over the date at the bottom right of my screen. Sunday!

Boy do I feel like a boob! But even better than that: I felt like sharing my humility with the fine readers of my blog. How's that?

Suzie and I had a fantastic day yesterday. Everything we did seemed to "click" for us. I usually get up before she does, and after I finished my coffee I decided it was shower time. I had just turned on the water and stepped in when I heard a slight creak sound. I turned and was pleasantly surprised to find her in the shower with me. Good thing I'm not jumpy or I would have probably screamed--She was that stealthy!

We did some junkyard visiting to start with. It is a rare woman that would even consider going to a junkyard for any reason, but yet Suzie enjoys it. She's always on the lookout for good stuff just like I am. While I didn't get exactly what I wanted, I did score something for my truck (pocket item) that wasn't really on my shopping list: I got a new Chevy bowtie emblem for the grille. The original was missing off the truck when I got it. She bought a new side mirror for her Camry. That was a good deal at $25--It was like brand new. The yard where we found that item was a recent addition to our "junkyard area" of town, having only been there a short time. While it didn't impress me with their selection of trucks, it did impress me with their selection of everything else. They have a lot to pick from and the guys at the counter were very pleasant to deal with. Most of the time the guys working those places are a surly lot--Assuming everyone in the world is out to get them apparently, or maybe pissed off at the world that they have to work at such a place. I dunno. This place wasn't like that.

After some installation of our newly acquired parts back at my house, we did a little house cleanup and headed up to her place. There was a hot tub part that I had to install. Luckily, it also fell into the way the rest of the day had been going: It installed without a hitch. Will it solve her hot tub problem of intermittent operation? Only time will tell, but we're trying to be optimistic.

We finished out the day with a visit to the sports bar up the street from her house where we both ended up pleasantly stuffed with good burgers and beer.

Now that I've had one cuppa coffee, I wonder if I can go back to sleep? Prolly not. I have to look at the bright side: At least I didn't drive to work...

1 comment:

Sue Z Q said...

Yep, you said it - what a boob!