Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stuff

"Grab your bowl of peanuts and follow me."

That was on the back of the t-shirts of a few of the wait staff at Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse in Federal Way. Sue and I decided to head up there on Friday at my suggestion. It seems that my neighbor, Gayle, had been there a few nights prior and it's one of her family's favorite hang-outs. What makes it good? Well, it's interesting to go to a place that has peanut shells littering the floor, that's one thing. We went there during happy hour, and for dinner treated ourselves to 3 different appetizers all at one time. Good stuff! Ditto for the Armadillo Ale (their own brand) that we both drank. It seemed like a great atmosphere too--Not too crowded and not too noisy, but definitely laid-back. Will we go back? Most definitely.

Okay, there's my shameless plug for this blog.

No wait--I should probably mention the place next door to them in the parking lot. The funny thing is that I had just read about this place in an online local newspaper that very morning, and without knowing their address (they only have one location) was very surprised to find them right there next to Jimmy Mac's. The place is called 99 Bottles, and it's a retail beer store. Seriously, this place has every beer/ale/etc under the sun--Truly a place for suds connoisseurs. If you're a beer drinker, you owe yourself a visit. You never know--You may find something there that you've been looking for.

There. No more plugs in this blog. Promise.

In other news, I got my Dell Axim PDA working again. I tore into it again with a little more determination, and tore it a little further apart than I did before. Apparently it had a loose connection inside, because upon reassembly it again works fine. The (insert correct word here) thing is that I have decided to sell it. It's now up for sale on Craigslist. I won't get my hopes up though because they're not a fast-moving item these days. I may have to use Ebay. I think I'm going to replace it with an Apple iTouch like I bought Sarah for Christmas. They are a very cool toy... I mean gadget... I mean tool. Yeah, let's go with tool.

I moved all the steel up to Sue's house this weekend, along with my welder and a few assorted clamps and assembly aids. I intend to get them all assembled this coming weekend. I have been looking on Craigslist for a few weeks for someone selling 3/4" plywood for cheap--Used or not--To use on the shelving. Imagine my surprise when it was right under our noses the whole time! It seems that her son Denny--A concrete man--had several sheets of concrete form-grade plywood standing alongside his garage and wanted it out of there. This is the stuff that has a layer of something on the outside that resembles Formica. It is the ultimate for shelving and it was free to boot. Nice! The good thing is that he has quite a bit more than we need for this project and he'll let us have as much as we want. He wants it all outta there.

Work = Busy. Things have slowed a little at work as far as the regular flow of orders and business, but have not slowed in other ways. We are right in the middle of phasing in our completely new computer system, and it seems that I am in the thick of it. That's good in these slow times. Lots of people can't even find work and I'm facing an increase in my workload. I have to say--The brothers LaCroix timed their implementation perfectly. I would hate for this to be taking place when business was moving along at a balls-out pace.

There is one thing that I can't believe I haven't mentioned yet. Sue presented me with a very cool gift last week: A blown-up artsy picture of Sarah! It's one of a series of pictures that we took of Sarah last October for a school project. Here's what the picture looked like in its original form:


I think that's the one she used but I'm not sure because I'm not looking at it right now. Anyway, she treated it with some computer tweaking that made it look like an oil painting and had it printed up at poster size. A very cool present. Thanks Suzie!

Okay, that's enough for now. Let's all go to work.

No comments: