Friday, January 16, 2009

Hey, It's Friday!


It's been several days since I've felt like writing. Actually, I don't feel like writing now either, but I'll go ahead and lay down a few words.

My truck got it's new windshield put in yesterday! I've been tripping over that big piece of glass for a long time. According to my blog (which I occasionally get to use to check historical facts like this), I bought the windshield clear (no pun intended) back at the end of October. I didn't think it had been that long. It's a huge difference to not have the big cracks in front of my face, and I hope that I also get no more water leakage. As long as I've had that windshield in my house it's a wonder it never got broken. It's spent time upstairs on the guest bed, downstairs on (and in front of) the couch, and in the garage lying across the washer and dryer. Now I can put all the little things back together on the poor ol' truck.

A got a voting ballot yesterday which surprised me. When I set myself up for mail-in ballot right before Suzie and I went on vacation, it was a one-time thing. I even asked the guy at the place while he was setting it all up, and he said it was "for this election only." Well imagine my surprise when I got another one yesterday! That's really not the stupid part--The stupid part is what I saw when I opened it up: One item on the ballot. (Announcer's voice) "But wait, there's more!" The item on the ballot is for the Director of Elections. WTF? Talk about irony. I wonder how much money they spent to set this special election up? It strikes me as kind of a pathetic attempt at self-preservation. Yes, your tax dollars at work folks...

No comments: