Thursday, January 22, 2009

Satisfaction

Isn't it funny? Just a couple blogs ago I was pissing and moaning about dissatisfaction, but I feel strangely the other way around right now.

Let me start with my truck.
Since I got my windshield in, I walk by it and note how nice the glass and the seal look, and I'm glad that the job is finally finished. Satisfaction.
Since the first time I drove it I noticed it had an electrical glitch that caused the front turn signals and parking lights to function erratically. Last night I tracked it down and replaced a bad socket. I didn't just use crimp connectors (good in a pinch, but I don't trust em) did it right: I soldered the wires and used heat-shrink tubing to cover the joints. I also cleaned out the side marker lights (they were green with growth) and put new bulbs in them. The result? Satisfaction.

Now lets switch to Suzie's house.
Last night I had just finished my truck wiring fix when she called, telling me that pizza was in the oven. When I got there, I took off my shoes and put on my slippers that live right there by the front door. Satisfaction.
When I finished with dinner, Suz was helping her daughter with filling out some forms on the computer so I sat down in the recliner with my beer to watch classic male entertainment (The Simpsons & Family Guy) with her two youngest sons. Instantly, her kittycat (Cookie is her name) walked across the couch and curled up on my lap. Satisfaction.

Last night before bed I felt my tongue starting to swell up. Those of you that know me well know that it happens sometimes, and I'm at a loss to understand why it happens. One time it even affected my breathing, and let me tell you: That was scary. Anyway, usually when it happens it's during a time of day that it can become extremely embarrassing, like at work. This time it didn't. I woke several times during the night, testing it by moving it around in my mouth. When I got up this morning it was almost completely back to normal. Satisfaction.

Okay, my cable internet died once this morning, but I guess you can't have everything, right?

No comments: