Friday, June 29, 2007

Thank Goodness it's Friday...


The week has been fairly ordinary, with the usual "hot spots." Tuesday was crazy as usual of course, but yesterday was even more so. I have SO much work sitting in my inbox, and so many things that are keep me running in all different directions that I am having trouble getting my regular work done. I heard yesterday that they are going to need me to get all my material receiving (that's what's in my inbox) done by the end of today because it's the end of the month for accounting reasons.

Next week is going to be even more nuts.

  • Independence Day is right smack in the middle of the week, and I know they're going to make us all work 10-hour days.
  • Add to that the fact that my supervisor, whom I share a lot of duties with, will be off all next week.
  • Elaine, who does all the part-marking of our aircraft parts before they go out, will be off two of those 4 days, and I will be filling in for her supposedly.
  • I am leaving on vacation with Sarah next Friday, and I have a ton of things to worry about.
The other day when I was putting the battery in my Harley, I was pulling awkwardly on a cable with pliers with my face very close to it. The pliers slipped off and hit me hard in the glasses, knocking them off and putting a big gouge in the left lens. I have been meaning to get new glasses for some time, and now is that time because I'm looking through a nice scratch. I guess I'm lucky. On one hand, if I already had new glasses I would have ruined them, and on the other hand if I hadn't had them on I might have damaged my eye (yes, I hit it that hard). I stopped last night and made an appointment for 4:30 today for the eye exam. Sarah will go with me today so she can help me pick out some new glasses. I want something in the smaller, rectangular style that's popular, and I told her I value her input and would like her to help me choose. She seemed eager.

(Sigh) Well, it's time... I hope today goes okay... I want a good weekend without dread of Monday

No comments: