Monday, July 02, 2007

A Pretty Durn Good Weekend


Friday nights are almost always good--Mainly because the work week just ended. Not much to report there.

Saturday morning was spent naked as usual, doing laundry and chatting with my online friends. An excellent way to start out the weekend. Unfortunately, there came a time when I had to finally get dressed, and at about noon I hopped on the Harley and boogied on down to Chehalis to visit Melinda and her husband. It was a beautiful sunny day with floating clouds, and the forecast was for the upper 70's.

When I got there they were both out at the site of the new barn they are building, standing on the second floor level, waving their arms at me. Their new barn is one of those standard "3-section" type barns where the two sides are one level and the center of it is taller, containing a 2nd floor for hay storage. The center (2nd level) floor, all the vertical posts, and the concrete floor were all that was done at this point, and they were in the process of putting the angled rafters (big boards!) across the tops of the posts. It involved hanging over edges, hefting heavy boards and holding them, and handling a big-ass nail gun. I took over from Melinda and Danny and I spent the next several hours doing them all and finishing that part of the job. He thanked me profusely, noting that the rest was easy after getting all those up. I know it certainly was a warm day, and it's a good thing I took other clothes to change into. I opted for my overalls only... Giving myself plenty of flow-through ventilation.

About the time we finished that, Mike and Margo came over from next door, and we had BBQ steaks, salad (made with all home grown ingredients), and key lime pie for dessert. Although Melinda wanted me to stay overnight, I didn't feel like it and hit the road right as the sun went down. Right as I was nearing Auburn I saw the very tail-end of the giant fireworks show that they have at the Emerald Downs horse track every year. I'm glad I saw that because it served as a reminder for me to go a different way home. The area all around Emerald Downs would have been packed with cars, cops, and traffic snarls. As I came into downtown Auburn near my home there was so much smoke from those big fireworks it looked like fog. My headlight was cutting a swath through it. When I got home I noticed I had a text message on my phone from Sarah that was send at about noon right after I left, asking me if I would help get her pool up and running.

Yesterday I planned to do some nude sunbathing. The weather was supposed to be conducive for just such a thing, and I was looking forward to it. At about 11am I put some clothes on and went over to their house with my portable air tank. After making several trips and refilling the air ring around the top of the pool, we finally found the two leaks that were causing the problem and got them patched. We straightened the bottom of the pool out and started filling it back up. While it was filling, I took a trip over to the store for beer, and bought Sarah's favorite flavored tea as well. We all stood around watching the pool fill up, and talking about the upcoming trip and stuff. After I finished my beer I headed home and was naked once again. Ahhh...

While the day became very overcast, it was still perfect for sunning. It was nice and warm with a cooling breeze. I spent the rest of my day and evening alternating between chatting online with friends and laying on a blanket in the back yard. I was pretty sure the next door neighbor lady (the only one with an upstairs view of my little back yard) was gone again so I wasn't worried about being spotted.

It was an excellent weekend!

No comments: