Monday, January 01, 2007

Out With The Old... In With The New


It's been quite an eventful year! At this time last year I was still married and living in fear: Fear of the unknown. At this time last year I knew that divorce was right around the corner, but I had no idea what to expect.
I had no way of knowing that:

  • I would still be friends with my ex wife (let alone better friends)
  • I would still retain almost all my savings and assets
  • I would find a nice place within spitting distance of where I used to live
  • The next phase of my life would be such a smooth transition
In the old days, the New Year was a time to reflect on good times & hardships, lives lost & babies born, success or failure of crops, health & sickness, and a multitude of other things. It's just a wonder sometimes how much someone's life can change in less that 12 months.
Yep, a lot has happened this last year, and for the most part, all for the better.

I spent a great weekend in Aberdeen, ringing in the New Year with Rhonda and many of her friends and relatives. In abundance were all the good things that go hand-in-hand with family get-togethers: Lots of laughter, good food, good drink, games, stories, and all things that make for fun times. Some of the things we did were planned and others just "happened" but all were great fun.

Thank you Rhon, for including me in your family for the weekend. What a great bunch of people!

1 comment:

Rhon said...

You are quite welcome hon. Remember the people you enjoy tend to reflect the person you are. It was a GREAT weekend, thank you for sharing it all with me.