Saturday, January 20, 2007

What a Fool


I can't believe I can't even keep my daughter's birthday straight. I even have it right on my computer desktop calendar program... Staring right at me. For some reason, I kept thinking tomorrow the 21st was her birthday. Duh, I know her birthday is the 26th, so I don't know why I kept thinking that the 21st was her day. The only thing I can think of is that her birth year was 91 and I got the "1" stuck in my head.

At any rate, I didn't embarrass myself or anything, thank goodness.

I went over there today and was going to take her somewhere to eat dinner or something like that, and some how or another talk got around to her birthday. Teresa made a comment about how many days she had left or something like that and it set me straight. Anyway, Sarah and I bummed around for a while today. We went to a few junk stores, ate at Wendy's (it was next door to one of them) and finished up the evening by stopping in at Pier One Imports. We had a good time.

I spent much of the late morning and early afternoon out in the garage tearing my Harley apart. I was in the process or doing some lighting & wiring updates and changes. One thing led to another and I ended up taking the rear fender off. I started by taking the light off the tip of the rear fender, and that left a few unsightly mounting holes. Then I took off the bar that holds the rear turn signals, and it really looked bad under that, so I decided that I would fill some of the mount holes in and paint it before putting it back on. I'll try to take my time and do a nice job on everything.

No comments: