Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Return of the Welder


Yep, my welder came home yesterday after being gone for many a month. Although my garage is now too full because of the stack (at least it's a neat stack) of heavy duty oak firewood pallets, it's complete again. Yes, it's good to have everything back under one roof.

Dan was my best friend back in high school days, and it was good to visit with him. There aren't too many people I would trust things like my welder with, but he's definitely on the good list. He showed his appreciation by having the argon gas bottle refilled before bringing it back, and that runs about 50 bucks. He was here for a couple hours last night, and we had a good time yakking our heads off and trying to play "catch up."

I stopped by Denis' house (that's my youngest brother) Sunday evening to get his input on my Harley project. He set me up with a few supplies and some great advice. He's a painter and body man here in town, and he knows his trade pretty well. The way I am I would just as soon let him actually do the whole thing, but I don't want him to think I was that lazy...

There is interesting stuff happening at work these days. My supervisor is our general handyman/repairman as well as various supervisory duties, and I'm his right hand man. The two of us work really well together and have a good time doing projects. Our shop is gearing up to have 3 big machines newly installed in the upcoming two months, and Bruce and I are doing all the electrical modifications and installations to get ready for them. Yesterday flew by. It seemed like every time I looked at my watch it was break time.

I hope all week is that fun.

No comments: