Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Saturday Morning Report


I was getting Sarah's birthday presents wrapped before going over to their house for dinner yesterday when the doorbell rang. There stood one of those DHL men, dressed in their yellow and red garb, with a puffy envelope package for me. It turns out that it was a t-shirt from Mark and Dana! It was black (I like black) and was the right size, and it said "I (heart) NY" on it. Pretty cool of him to think of me during their trip to New York over Christmas. That was quite a surprise.

Having dinner over at Sarah and Teresa's is better than old times actually, because everyone treats each other like host and guest. No bickering is always good, and a good roast beef outta the crock pot certainly is a good thing too!

I felt kind of disappointed in Teresa when I saw what she got Sarah for her birthday. The few things Sarah opened from her were jewelry items that she had bought who-knows-how-long-ago at some clearance sale or something. Sarah didn't miss a beat on that either, saying something like, "Mom, these are just things you bought on clearance somewhere." The justification for it was that Teresa had already told her that completely redoing her bedroom was her birthday present. Come on T... How hard is it to spend a couple bucks for something fun?

I didn't spend much money on her, but she got some pretty fun things. She really enjoyed her electronic Sudoku game and her Pirate's Dice game. We played a few rounds of that until my parents showed up. My dad was in an "okay" mood, but his constant repeating of things is getting even worse. I also bought Sarah a tub of special Tillamook ice cream for herself. Teresa made a German chocolate flat cake, and I brought a cheesecake, so we had good birthday eats. The cheesecake could have been better though--It had a pronounced cinnamon flavor emanating from the crust, which in my opinion overshadowed the flavor of the New York cheesecake on top of it. Oh well. I did get to take a piece of cake home with me, which is good.

I mentioned in yesterday's blog about how I had put my website files on a new web space provider? Well, here's what was in my email when I got home from work yesterday:

Hello guys..

I'm sorry to say that we'll be shutting down all of websites
Due to heavy volumes of account. This doesn't mean cjb.cc will be completely gone. It means from now on, cjb.cc will only take paying members due to spam and abuse. You guys will have less than 24 hours to back up your website and the server will be upgraded to Xeon Dual core server, which should be very reliable.

Just like before, we'll offer $3 a month or $30 a year plan on new Xeon Dual core server (server upgrade). If you guys are interested, please wait until we get our new server ready, which will take another 2 days.

We'll announce the specification of membership

If you guys are interested in paying membership, which will not going to have down time. Please visit us at cjb.cc in two days or so. We'll make an announcement forum.

For current paying member, we give out free membership for a month.

If you paid for a year, pleaes let me know

Thank you for supporting cjb.cc, I really appreciate it.

I guess I timed that one pretty good didn't I? What a flake. Obviously a geek that didn't finish his business classes in college... He's also not very good at typing and spelling (I just copied and pasted it verbatim).

No comments: