Friday, January 12, 2007

Over a Week?!

That's how long it's been since I last posted? Wow, what a slacker. Thinking back on the last week, I think that's a truthful statement too--I just slacked off.

There hasn't been a single bit of real news to report with the exception of our snow. Yes, as odd as it is, we actually got snow here the night before last. I think the amount here was almost 4 inches, which is substantial. Being in a valley it seems like snow usually passes us over for hills on either side. Usually they don't even get any. For people that don't know our geography, they probably think it's weird that being as far North as we are that we don't usually get any, but it has to do with our proximity to the water here. It keeps our winters and summers both somewhat temperate. We've got unseasonable cold weather here right now, and I'm making use of the block heater in my truck again. Love that instant warm air when I start it!

I've had a lot of little things this week, but none of them rated much more than a passing nod, such as:

  • I brought home a stack of firewood pallets and put them in the garage, now I have to cut them up.
  • I've cut back on my movie downloading. I'm still not ready to be "turned off" by Comcast yet.
  • Teresa's dad just left for a month in Hawaii with his ladyfriend. Lucky bastard.
  • I ordered some new tiny turn signals for the front of the Harley.
  • I got tired of my goatee and trimmed most of it off. Now I have a mustache and a soul patch.
  • I finally remembered to call about my voter's registration. Yep, they did have my address wrong.
See? Not much going on anyway. I don't know if it's winter blahs or what, but I haven't even had anything philosophical or rhyming to blog about.

I hope things pick up. At least it's Friday.

No comments: