Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Friday


Well, I can cross one item off my Craigslist search--A new bookshelf for Sarah.

After work I picked Sarah up and we went over and played some tennis for a while. She's getting old groove back, and we're both feeling better about that. I took her home so she could shower and stuff because I had a prearranged time to go look at the bookshelf.

Although she hates driving my truck I had her drive us up to the lady's house. We drove up to an exclusive area of Lake Tapps, which is just a few minutes south of town. It's complete with a guard shack and golf course, so you know it's a fancy place. I also figured the bookshelf wouldn't be crap for that reason. The road is curvy, and it was dark, so she got good experience. On the way in (past the guard shack at that point) she said, "I think I want to live here." I drove us home after buying it, and we carried it into her bedroom and set it up. It's a quality piece and was probably over $300 when they bought it.

Yesterday was a little better of a day at work. I got a lot done, but again the usual driver wasn't at work. He was scheduled to be back yesterday, but called in from Northern California with a "car breakdown" supposedly. I still have tons to do, but I'm feeling a lot better about it because the new equipment install is basically finished and awaiting the setup man that is due in today for finalizing and calibrating. The boss wants me present for that too, so if the guy shows up near quitting time I'll be stuck there again. I'd like to be able to go home at the normal time today. After all, it's Friday, it's been a hard work week (even though it was only 4 days). Also Steve was planning on dropping by, and chances are Sarah will want to play some tennis again.

Well, just about time to hit it.

No comments: