Thursday, February 08, 2007

Catching Up


Yes, here I go again... Too busy (or lazy) to post in my blog again. A lot has been going on around here lately, and I'll try to recap it without being too long-winded.

First of all, a milestone event went by me last week, and I didn't even acknowledge it. My 1-year anniversary of living here! Yes, the first of this month marked one year since I moved out on my own and started a major lifestyle change. I'm sure I should have had a party, but I didn't. Oh well.

I started in sanding on my Harley's gas tanks. It's a lot of tedious work, and I was reminded why I hate doing body work on cars and stuff. I took a bunch of "before" pictures as I took it apart. I need to spend some serious time updating my Harley website when this is finished. I haven't done an update on it for ages. Evidently, Steve decided he should be changing his Harley too, because he's buying some hard fiberglass bags to replace his leather saddlebags, and he's shopping for dual pipes to replace his 2-into-1 single pipe. The difference between he and I though is that he spends money to get his done. I try not to.

Rhon was here visiting over the weekend, and that was fun. We seem to have a pretty good time hanging out together. If only she did body work on Harleys... ;-) Thanks for the brontosaurus steaks, Rhonda.

I went "wireless" in my house! I bought a nice little Netgear wireless router the other day off a guy on Craigslist, and it also came with a matching PC card to plug into my garage computer. $50 for both of them was a pretty good deal. I finally got the garage computer working with it's new wireless setup last night. So now I have my main computer here still "wired" and both my laptop and the garage computer can both access the web via their wireless connections. They seem to work great!

A lot of things have been happening at work lately. We've been gearing up for new equipment that the company bought. They spent big money and bought 3 new CNC machines, so we've been having to do a major amount of wiring, plumbing, and rearranging to make room for them all. So far one of them is in now, and I believe the other two of them are due to be delivered next week. Busy, busy. I told Bruce the other day when they were setting the first of them into place, "Well, there goes our $8 Christmas ham next year."

Adios.

1 comment:

Rhon said...

You have had a terrific first year. Its been my privilege to share in it in some small ways. I can't wait to see how the next year plays out for you hon.