Monday, August 06, 2007

Better Late Than Never, Right?


Yeah, I know it's been a while since I posted, but that's just the way it goes.

There was kind of an odd twist to the heater core part I ordered last weekend when I tore the Neon apart. I mentioned how it was "cheaper than buying local." Turns out, it was local. It shipped so fast I had it in my hands on Tuesday, and that's when I noticed that they shipped it right from a warehouse right here in Auburn! How 'bout that. Even though I had the core by Tuesday, I didn't get it put in until Saturday. It actually went together a lot faster than tearing it apart went. That's because I kept having to refer to different parts of my book for information when I took it apart. It probably only took about 2 hours to put it together, but I spent considerably longer than that because of cleaning and fixing other little related things. At the time of this writing, I still haven't finished it 100%. I'm missing a fairly important little nut that holds the coolant overflow bottle under the hood, and I don't dare drive it without it and chance breaking the one remained hold-down ear off the bottle. It's unique enough that I didn't have one in my stash of spare hardware in the garage either, so I'm going to stop by a junkyard on the way home from work today and grab one off another car. While I'm there I'm also going to buy a fan blower motor for the heater. All the time the heater had been leaking took its toll on the blower and seized it up.

I did a lot of domestic chores yesterday. How fun, right? Multiple loads of laundry, washing dishes, vacuuming, changing bedclothes... You name it.

One thing that I really wanted to do yesterday was to lie out in the backyard nude and get some sun, but it didn't work out. Working on the car all day Saturday wearing only loose shorts added more color to my back, making the contrast of my white ass even more striking. I wanted to get some color on my ass as well as take a nice relaxing nap. I hauled my blanket out there and stretched myself out, but was only there 10 minutes before I called it quits. Why? Well, yesterday was a big day in the Seattle area, the Seafair Unlimited Hydroplane races. Anywhere you went in town you noticed how dead it was because everyone was home watching the races on TV. It also gave a lot of people the excuse to have gatherings at their houses, which is apparently what was going on next door. After lying there only 10 minutes, there was just too much talking and laughing wafting through the open windows in their house, and I didn't feel comfortable at all. More people in the house means more chances of someone looking out one of the windows and spotting me. What made it even worse was how totally perfect the temperature and the sun both were.

Dammit. I'm having sun withdrawals...

No comments: