Friday, August 31, 2007

Sarah's Car Comes Out of Mothballs


Yes, it's true--It's finally happened. Teresa finally put insurance on Sarah's car Wednesday morning.

The poor car hasn't moved much since it was bought. It came home on March 10th, and sat not being moved once for a couple weeks, and then it was only into the garage. The poor thing remained there, untouched until we resurrected it to drive it on our trip on July 7th. After we came back from the trip, it sat until Wednesday.

Her permanent laminated license showed up on Tuesday, so now she has that, and in addition has a key ring with a car key and a house key on it. That one little key ring carries an awful lot of responsibility.

I must say, it's been a series of frustrations for me... Watching that car sit in neglect like it has. I'm just glad it's over and my spent money is finally being used.

Now the ball is in Sarah's court. I hope she maintains whatever criteria she needs to so she keeps her privileges. She is not exactly what you call a "go-getter" and she has never been one you could depend on to get things done. Some people have it and some people don't. Yesterday she was home all day. I don't know if she gave Teresa some sort of chickenshit excuse to be able to do so or not. I stopped by there after work and was there when Teresa came home. Apparently she had given Sarah a list of things to do while she was home and none of them got done. Simple things like watering the plants on the deck out back. They started arguing about all manner of things like that, and I was reminded about how much I hated that sort of thing while I lived there. Rhon told me later it was a mother/daughter thing--Arguing like that. Whatever it is, I didn't like it one bit.

Personally, I think she probably did what I would have attempted: Stay home so you can go driving in the car.

Don't blow it Sarah... All eyes are on you at this point.

No comments: