Monday, August 13, 2007

My New Girlfriend


Okay, okay... She's not a real girlfriend... She's made of plastic.

No, no... Wait... That's not what I meant! She's not that kind of a plastic girlfriend! I bought a mannequin yesterday. Really. I know, I know... Why the fuck would anyone buy a mannequin? Well I'll tell you, I've been shopping for one for a long time now, and they are not easy to find under $100. I found her for $30 the next town over yesterday, listed on Craigslist.com.

Okay, back to the question: Why?

The idea sprang from the fact that I have an antique motorcycle helmet I wanted to display. For a while I thought about getting a Styrofoam head like they use to display wigs, but then I thought, "Hey, I've got all these Harley t-shirts, I've got a ladies leather jacket, I've got got goggles... I've got all kinds of stuff. Maybe a full-size mannequin would be more fun."

So here she is as she appeared in the ad:




She's a hottie isn't she? So far she is only wearing a pair of my jeans and a Harley t-shirt, so she isn't exactly projecting that "biker bitch" look I'm after. She needs lotsa work--Wig, goggles, etc. She's a bit tall too--I look eye to eye with her. I may just take the torso and place it on a barstool or plant stand somewhere. I don't need "Barbie legs" on a goofy biker bitch display do I? So far I just have her standing in my living room where I assembled her--Right near the TV, but I need to do something about putting her in a good spot soon...

She's scared the shit outta me a couple times already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what to think about your new GF. My first thought, I think Rick may need some help, then my second thought...wait a nudist putting clothes on a mannequin, What is wrong with this picture??

LMAO

MB