Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Milestone


It occurred to me yesterday at work that I passed a milestone Monday evening without realizing it. The act I performed was not itself a significant thing, but rather the fact that I have never done it. You'd think that by this time in my life I had done most things, right? I will be 52 soon and I sat at work and wondered how I had managed to slide through life without ever being exposed to the opportunity.

Monday, for the first time in my life, I drove a riding lawnmower.

Yes, my life is somehow more complete now. A thing I can add to my long list of accomplishments on this earth. I have driven practically everything there is to drive that is powered by an engine, and even things without. Trucks and cars of all sizes, backhoe, grader, ambulance, cop car, school bus, motorcycles of all shapes and sizes... The list goes on and on.

Thanks Suzie, for letting me mow your lawn and thereby allowing me the pleasure of putting another "notch" in my lifelong resume' of accomplishments. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

No comments: