Thursday, May 01, 2008

A Weekend Away


Suz was over last night and I introduced her to the fine, upscale taste of a fine genuine Johnsonville brat, right off the BBQ. I know they are highly upscale and quite frankly, I wasn't quite sure whether or not she was ready for such a taste treat, but I pulled it off anyway. Actually, I almost didn't even get to buy them when the people at the store saw how I was dressed. I had to show them my Harley Visa card so they knew I had enough class before they let me buy them.

Suzie's reaction? "Different..." "Good..."

Lucky I didn't go for the hedgehog liver/rutabaga pate'. That might have been a bit much.

After dinner we were talking and somehow got onto the subject of an upcoming balloon festival in Walla Walla called the 34th Annual Balloon Stampede (and yes, that's a real town to those of you not from around here, made semi-famous in this old Daffy Duck cartoon). She mentioned it and I told her that I had also been looking at it the other day. Well, one thing led to another and we decided that we would both love to go and wander around taking pictures of everything, so that's exactly what we're going to do. May 9th, 10th, and back on the 11th, we'll drive over (too far for our first bike trip) for our first weekend getaway together. Lucky I thought about reservations while we were sitting there because most of the motels are already booked. Had I waited much longer there probably would have been nothing left to pick from.

We're looking forward to it already--A weekend of acting like young (I said acting) lovers, photo geeks, and tourists.

No comments: