Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Trying to Play Catch-Up


So much time has passed since I last posted anything... It feels weird. I don't know what to cover because I don't really know what I did or didn't do at this point. Let's see if I can cover how and what has transpired since then.

The funeral I attended went without a hitch. It was hot as I knew it would be, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable. Suz went to her funeral as well, and we planned to get together afterwards. Well, that didn't quite work out as I thought. By the time we finished eating and talking and finally leaving the church where the funeral was held it was 3pm. From there we ended up at The Mint in Enumclaw, where we ended up splitting a few pitchers of beer and a couple of giant plates of nachos between about 10 of us. It was there that I noticed that my phone had a message on it and returned Suzie's call. She was out and about shopping for plants somewhere, but wasn't really in a position to rush over to Enumclaw. Her funeral was only about 45 minutes for her so she was out quickly (way before I called). We rode the Harley out to the south end of Auburn later on and met with some of her kids at a river park. We were both wearing our overalls and looking like summer geeks. It was a great night for a ride. We ended up taking a bunch of pictures of all of us while we were there, and on the way home I opted to take us up on cemetery hill overlooking Auburn. I wanted to see if I could get any good shots of Mt. Rainier. It was fun, but the shots were only so-so.

If memory serves me, we ended going out the next day to a nursery in Sumner called Windmill Gardens & Nursery. Suz was looking for a few specific plants and opted to try their store out. I had never been there before (not much of a nursery shopper after all) and was surprised at how big the place was. While Sue was browsing for plants I was wandering around taking pictures. I got a few pretty good shots while I was there. From there she bought us a great pizza for lunch at Aversano's restaurant. She ended up buying a few more plants at McLendon's Hardware before we finally headed home. We thought about going out on the Harley, but instead decided to hang out and do some sunning out back and relax with some beers and each other's company. It was a great weekend!

I don't really have much to report for the last few days with the exception of last night when I attended the presentation of awards for Sarah's school tennis team. It was a potluck and I managed to get a couple good pictures of the group here and there. While I was there I got a pictures of Sarah's art project skateboard too. It and others from her art class were on display within a glass case in the main hallway.

Today was mom's birthday and she got to "celebrate" it in a strange way: By spending all day in the hospital with my dad. He got his lung cancer operation today and apparently he will be there for about a week. Denise spent the day there with her too, so that was good. I really don't know what to say about all that's going on with him though--I can hear details about stuff like that all night long but can never seem to relay them. When I listen to someone explain stuff like that it just goes in one ear and right out the other with me. The bottom line is, mom is glad to be home this evening. Sue and I went over and visited with her for a while, as did Denis, Kim, and Cassie. Mom & dad's weird dog Jake was finally starting to warm up to Suzie by the time we left. When we first got there he was totally frantic and skittish. That's okay though... There were plenty of cats there to pet.

The picture site that I subscribed to a few days ago is now mine and Sue's together. I decided that she needed a place to showcase her pictures too, and with no limitations on storage or anything we'd might just as well share space. If you click on that link you'll see us.

No comments: