Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's All About Numbers


Everything we do is all about numbers isn't it? We measure everything we do in life by numbers. It's how we know something is better or worse than something else. Numbers. Just try to explain something about anything without numbers coming into play somewhere in the explanation.

I had a few insignificant number milestones over the last week I may as well relate.

  • I broke my previous high score of 637 (see the post on October 19th 2007) on my bathroom Yahtzee game. The new score is 641. See? Sometimes sitting in the bathroom for a while can be beneficial.
  • I bought a new cell phone a while back, but I still carry the old one to work with me every day. Why? To play Tetris on. New phones don't have games preloaded on them like that one did. Anyway, the current Tetris game I'm playing is at over a million and a half.
  • My 1995 Plymouth Neon was bought new in June of 1994. Just this last weekend it rolled over 100,000 miles. I was kinda pissed that I missed it to tell you the truth. I was actually going to pull over and take a picture of it (how anal can you get). Pretty low miles for a car of that age isn't it?
How much we make, how fast we go, how many we have, how long it is (oh wait--Size doesn't matter), how far something is--There is no end to how many things that are based on numbers. See? There's another one. Heck, just pick one topic: How much gas costs, how many gallons your car holds, how many miles can you go on it, what octane is it, how long can you drive on one tank... Yada, yada, yada.

Okay, that's enough. I really just wanted to brag about my high scores and pat my car on the back. Oh yeah--I'm also another year older today. Can I stop now? I like it right where I'm at.

No comments: