Friday, May 02, 2008

A Room Full of Me?


It's gross really when I think about it, but I'm pretty sure all the "dust" in my bedroom is me. I mean that literally--Without putting it under a microscope, I looks to be dried skin. Eww! When I had that epiphany last night, I was grossed out. I'm still grossed out...

A couple days ago I happened to be wearing black socks and was getting ready to leave to go somewhere. I was walking around the bed, making it like I usually do. When I finished, I noticed my socks were totally dusty from accumulation of dust under the bed. After all, I've lived here two years and the bed has never moved, nor can the vacuum access it. Last night I decided it would be a good time to move the bed and other furniture and vacuum under it. Before I did so, I stripped the bed to put new sheets on, and when I did a cloud of dust came out of it. I guess I had seen it from time to time but never really "noticed" the correlation or something. Last night it hit me like a ton of bricks because the sun was streaming in the window as I was doing it. It looked like I should be wearing a gas mask in there when I started banging on the bed!

Anyway, my theory is that it may have a lot to do with the fact that for so long I took showers at night before getting into bed, and they tended to be longer, hotter showers because of it. That can make for some seriously dry skin. I don't do that as much any more. One thing's for certain though--I'm going to keep better tabs on things up here. I can just hear the surgeon general's new warning: Caution: Breathing Rick might cause respiratory illness in weakened immune systems. Please use appropriate filtration."

Eww, that's creepy...

In other news, I finally put my huge pile of car magazines up for sale on Craigslist last night. I need to start squaring things away lest I start looking like some sort of a hoarder. I already have one interested person that wants them at $80. Not bad when you consider the fact that I got them all out of a recycling dumpster where someone had dumped them all at once. For a while I was selling them on Ebay, but that got to be very tedious. Yes, you can make a lot more money doing it that way, but it would take forever. I just want em gone.

Last but not least, I wanted to issue a correction to something I mentioned a few days ago when I was on the subject of "razor wars" between Schick and Gillette. I forgot about existence of the Gillette Fusion which has 5 blades. I wonder how that can possibly work if Schick's 4-blade one didn't. Oh well, like I said--I still like my old Trac II...

It's hard to believe it's May already, and look--It's Friday!

No comments: