Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Taming Unruly Growth


We spent the afternoon at Suzie's house yesterday dealing with her lawn. She has a big yard, and if you let it get out of hand it's quite the job to get it cut. Between the two of us I think we spent 4 hours or so at it. She spent time weeding while I was edging, then she did edging while I mowed. Yep, that was pretty unruly growth.

There was other unruly growth that we had to contend with, but it was a little more convenient and easy to deal with: My hair. She has offered to cut my hair quite a few times, and after the last haircut I got (it was pretty bad) she was determined to not let that happen again. When we finished her yard work she grabbed all her barber stuff and came to my house. She did an awesome job on it! Too bad for her--Now she's stuck doing it.

Sunday found us on the Harley yet again. We decided to head down to TJ's (one of my coworkers) "vacation" property down on Ohop Lake to pay him a visit. Suz had never been there and he told me at work last week to pop on down if we were out on the bike. Anyway, it was pretty warm out and we foolishly took the liner out of Suzie's jacket. Unbeknownst (is that a real word or just slang?) to us, the closer we got to his place the colder it got. We never got rained on but we did see evidence of rain just ahead of us that still hadn't evaporated off the roadway yet. He was there with his wife & daughter and one of her friends. It was a good visit but we didn't stay long because by the time we got there it was getting a little late and we didn't want to get rained on or anything. Suz made an observation yesterday that all weekend it seems like we had better weather here in Auburn than anywhere around us.

I called my folks' house last night to get the latest on my dad and was surprised by him answering the phone. Apparently, time flew by a little quicker than I thought this weekend. I never did pay him a hospital visit during his stay. I'll swing by this afternoon after work and get the lowdown on everything.

Well, it's the end of a really good 3-day weekend. Now it's back to work time. This is one of those 4-day work weeks that my employer always has the mandatory 10-hour workdays. I seldom stay for any extra hours, but if my job is swamped at all it could happen. It will be my choice though--Not theirs.

No comments: