Saturday, March 03, 2007

I was Enthralled


I was channel surfing right after dinner and happened across a show that blew me away. Our local "pledge" station KCTS had a show on called Celtic Woman.

I've heard some melodic voices before, but these ladies practically put me in a trance.

The thing that stopped me when I happened across the show was a beautiful woman with long flowing blond hair, jumping and dancing across the stage barefoot in a flowing translucent white dress, all the time hammering out a Celtic song on a violin. I was smitten by the music and the erotic nature of the dance she was doing, her hair and dress flowing around her. It was kind of angelic. Throughout the show, there were various solos and other more elaborate productions by all the members (all beautiful ladies... Especially the one with the red hair). The youngest (and also the one that had the most beautiful voice) was supposedly only 17 years old. Of course, there was a full orchestra playing too. It was live show they did at some castle in Ireland, and the whole production was great. Like I wrote in the title, I was enthralled. During one break I went online and ordered the only DVD of them the King County Library had in their system. Maybe some of it has to do with my own Celtic roots.

I bought myself a safe this morning. It's a nice one for home use, and has the combination keypad. I scouted around at a few stores before I happened across this one at Target on clearance for only $110. It was a good score!

I spent most of the rest of the day driving all over looking at cars for Sarah. Well... It was only two of them from Craigslist actually, but I had to cover some pretty good ground between them both. Neither of them fit my standards though, so I'll keep looking. I've found that the amount I'm willing to spend has slowly inched its way up. I'm holding my max at 3,000. It's obvious that times have changed. That price buys what 1,000 would have not too long ago.

Tomorrow morning I'm riding up with Steve and his wife to a Harley swap meet in Monroe. He said they were driving up in their Scion and invited me along. It should be a fun morning. Who knows, I might find something cool!

No comments: