Thursday, March 08, 2007

No Car Yet


Teresa called me at work yesterday morning and bemoaned the fact that we would be driving in the dark, in the rain, and on unfamiliar roads if we would have went to get Sarah's car last night. No matter if she rode with Sarah in her new car, or drove her car back while Sarah and I were in the new car, she still would have been uncomfortable. She's never been a night driver. So I called the gal up and arranged for 11:00 Saturday morning.

Originally I was going to be at Melinda's house on Saturday for a party, but she called last night and said too many people were having scheduling conflicts and postponed it. It may still happen Sunday instead, but I doubt it. A Saturday is always a better choice... That way I can stay over if I'm not able to drive, and it won't affect the next day's work schedule.

One of Sarah's best friends took her driving test yesterday morning, but failed. I pick her up with Sarah each evening after tennis and drop her off on the way home. Her folks just bought her a new car last week--A nearly new VW Passat. They are a reasonably well-off family. Her dad owns a legal business and her mom is a real estate agent. So last night when she got in the car and I asked her how her test went, she said, "I guess you'll have to drive me one more week."

Well, I need to go grocery shopping after work tonight. I'm running low on a lot of stuff, and better tonight than tomorrow--They're always way too busy on Fridays.
Last night I was so tired that I hit the sack before 9, but at least I got a much better night's sleep.

Well, back to the coffee!

No comments: