Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Repeat Rant


I'm sure I've covered this topic before, but here it goes again: How to avoid actually selling a car you have for sale.

I was so pissed tonight, but I should have known. I emailed a guy about a car for sale on Craigslist the other day that I was interested in for Sarah. I asked a bunch of questions, and basically wanted to know when a good time would be for me to come look at it.

For a reply, I got one line with no punctuation, simply stating the address.

I looked it up on Google maps, and saw it wasn't' too far away. I sent another email later on asking for a phone number, and also asked if I could come by after 6 the next night and take a look at it. I got home from work today, and still no reply. At about 6, I emailed again:

I don't know if you got my reply or not, but is it possible to come have a look this evening?

A few minutes later, his reply was simply, "Yes."

I bombed up there at about 7:30, and there was a young gal leaving in an SUV with her boyfriend. I asked if someone there was selling a car, to which she replied, "Yes, but they're not home."

WTF?

So here's what I just sent him:
Thank you for telling me I could come look at your car, and thank you for not being there after I drove up there from Auburn with cash in my pocket.
You should try communicating with people next time.
If you don't really want to sell your car, you should do everyone a favor and remove your ad.

People like that piss me off.

No comments: