Saturday, March 10, 2007

It's Saturday, and Sarah has a new car!


Well, I just got back from a good day. Sarah loves her new car, and we (myself, Sarah, and Teresa) all had a good visit.

I was having my doubts last night though, because in true Teresa fashion, she called all concerned and not wanting this car deal to happen. I told her, "But I thought we agreed that I would buy her car and you would pay her insurance the first year, and we'd split the insurance the year or years after that." She insisted that she didn't remember ever saying that. She always does this sort of thing right before anything that's going to cost her money. It's sort of her "last gasp" panic attack where she feels totally overwhelmed. And as has always happened in the past, after she gets it all off her chest like that she's fine. Not a word was said about it today at all.

I picked them both up from their house at 10:30 this morning and headed up to get the car. As I drove to the area, I made some lame excuse like I was going shopping for a birthday present for Melinda in Tacoma (which was true btw...) but had to stop off and see a lady about something I bought on Craigslist first.

The people were expecting me and knew all about the scenario, so they had it in their garage so nobody could see it yet. We went into their house and into the garage, where I asked Sarah, "Well, what do you think?" In true Sarah fashion, she was very shy/subdued about the whole thing, but she really likes the car. She did admit that she knew we were going about a car. She fussed about driving it away from their house though, mostly because she didn't want anyone to see her flub something up. I managed to get her to pose for a picture though: Sarah's new car

We were going to go right from there to the store in Tacoma, but instead opted to go eat lunch in Kent first. Sarah drove me to their house while Teresa drove my Neon, and from there Sarah drove us to The Ram Restaurant in Kent. We feasted on some great food and beer and had a good time. We all ate too much, so Sarah persuaded me to drive us all from that point on so she could relax. I drove us to Tacoma where I did find exactly what I was looking for. They both had a good time looking through the store too.

It was a good day and everyone got along superb and had a good time.

I had Rhon overnight last night while she's en route to her parents' place in Ohio. I offered to drive her to the airport, and I'm watching her truck for the next 3 weeks while she's gone. She and her grown son, daughter, and grandson are all going on the same flight. Her dad is terminally ill, and they're all feeling that this is a trip that they can't afford to put off for one single day for fear of missing him. I wish her and her family all the best.

No comments: