Wednesday, April 04, 2007

And So It Goes...


Why do I have such trouble getting a full night's sleep on Tuesday night? It seems like every time I have the worst night of sleep I'm getting up on Wednesday morning. Last night was no exception.

I don't get it. I don't eat anything weird, and I don't drink any more than I usually do... So what the hell?

I woke up again tossed and turned for a while then looked at the clock: 1:00am. I had a headache, I felt restless, and I had that fucking humming sound in my head again. After lying there for over an hour, I finally got up and took an Excedrin. I figured either way I wasn't going to sleep, so I might as well at least get rid of the headache. I finally got to sleep and yes, you guessed it--The alarm went off.

I had a talk with Teresa yesterday while Sarah was at tennis practice. She is evidently pushing all her school work to the bottom of the priority list. She has expressed no interest in driving her car (or any car for that matter). She only has one thing on her mind: Boyfriend. It hurts me that I totally miscalculated the car thing. When I first started looking for a car for her, she was pretty hot on getting her license. I shelled out $2500 for a car that hasn't moved since the day we brought it home. I told Teresa to sell it. I'm not made of money... I would definitely like to keep my money if at all possible. Meanwhile, the car sits... Getting older... Losing value.

I had a good chat with my friend Dee last night. She's still in dire straits with her failing kidneys, and still hoping for a transplant that works. The last one didn't. She spent the whole last weekend in the hospital ICU, and in her words, she "almost bought it." I think I may have finally convinced her to call me on her cell when she's going into the hospital so I can come visit her if possible. She said she had no recollection of her last visit--She was totally out. I just fear that she's going to end up not coming out of the hospital one of these times, and I won't even know about it.

I did some running around last night to get quotes on a couple of window screens for my bedrooms upstairs. I just know I can't exist as I did last summer--roasting upstairs because I had no way of keeping the bugs out. At any rate, I can get em made for only 20 bucks each, but I just have to make sure that I can measure them right. They will do it for a $35 measuring fee, so you have to weigh the options: Pay the price and they "eat" any screw up they make, or don't pay the price and I pay if I measured wrong. The fee is the price of two screens for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and measure them myself though. I'll start with one of them, and if it's right I'll get the second. I'm also concerned that the screen won't fit the frame of the window right. One of the 4 sides has an unusual opening in it and a standard screen won't fit it. I don't know what to do exactly, but I'll do something for sure. I want to be able to sleep with my window open all summer for a change.

Work will be interesting this next week or so. Bruce went on vacation to Florida, so that leaves me in a bit more of a responsible position. I don't want to be responsible...

I just want to sleep.

No comments: