Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Times Change...


Standing in the garage, it's kinda weird to be posting to my blog. Can you imagine, say... Five years ago...
Phone rings:

"Whassup?" a friend asks, shooting the shit.
"Aw, nothing much... Working on the Harley, posting to my weblog on the computer... Whassup with you?"

Seems kinda weird doesn't it?

Well, progress is happening on the Harley. I was working with the welder a while ago and things were going well. It's a little easier these days beings the weather is getting better. I like working with the big door open on the garage, and although nakey is my preferred mode of dress, NOT with the big door open...

Last night I got myself an appointment with the Washington State Patrol to get my little bent car inspected in two weeks. When the insurance declares it "totalled" you have to have it done so they can make sure it's still safe to operate on the roads. I hate doing stuff like that. You know--Stuff that gives you no gratification. The state says "do" and we do. Oh well. Although it costs $50, it's still cheap to keep my car if that's what it takes.

Teresa called last night, totally frantic. It seems that Sarah and her boyfriend were going to be playing tennis or whatever (I'm sure it was a little of both--I remember teen years) up on the hill near Green River Community College. Well, Teresa went up to pick her up and she wasn't there. Several factors blew it out of proportion in T's mind: It was getting dark, she wasn't familiar with the area, she doesn't totally trust Sarah (hormones you know) with her new boyfriend, and her mind started playing tricks on her. I mean she was to the point of hyperventilating. I assured her everything was fine and to take some deep breaths. She said she went up there and nobody was there, and (her words) "the drug dealers started showing up." She has no cell phone so she couldn't call Sarah from the assigned pick-up point, so she went home and called from there. No answer. she called me then. While she was talking to me she got another phone call and says, "Hold on, maybe that's her" and put me on hold. Yes, it was Sarah, and all was well. To make a long story short, the first car that pulled into the parking lot that Teresa's nerves thought was a drug dealer, was Sarah's boyfriend's cousin, and they were all in it0. I'm telling you, when she called me she was so upset I thought she was going to lose it. She kept rambling on about her phone ringing on the ground because she had been killed... Whew. I felt kinda sorry for her really, but all ended up just fine.

I called Sarah today after I got home from work and told her to never do that again. I told her that she had no idea how much it upset her mom, and that her mom even sorta scared me with how upset she was. I think she understood after I explained it to her. Hopefully, she'll apologize to her momma again.

Well, I'd better get something to eat. It's getting late.

No comments: