Thursday, April 26, 2007

Recharge!


I wonder if it's normal? To enjoy going to bed at night?

It's not something I can ever recall ever hearing anyone admit to. Whether in person, in a book, on TV, or in a movie. I'm not talking about the tired, "Whew I'm bushed... I can't wait to get to bed" statement--That's more of a health necessity.

No, I'm talking about enjoying the feeling of laying down in bed. I sleep nude and have for years, and I love the the feeling of lying there sprawled out as far as I can... Maybe sliding my legs back and forth and enjoying the feeling of the sheets against my skin. I like to try to feel my whole body relax... From the bottoms of my feet all the way to the top of my head. Sometimes I will just revel in the feeling.

Maybe it's because I love my bed? Okay, call me spoiled.

Most of the time a make a noise when I lie down--Kind of a cross between a groan and a sigh. I think the best way to explain it is what happens when you lay a set of bagpipes down: They deflate slowly with a dying sound... Then blissful quiet. I know for a fact that there have been many times I've had a big grin on my face after putting my head against my pillow... Eyes closed and lying in the darkened room.

What's weird to me is that I will sometimes go to bed early just to feel that feeling. Sure, boredom sometimes has a lot to do with it, or maybe I'm just trying to wash my hands of a crappy day. Kind of a silent way for me to resign with a, "Fuck today, let's give tomorrow a shot" and move on. Truth is, when I lie down and I feel the familiar buzzing in my body (think about it sometime--You'll notice it most in your feet and lower legs) of total relaxation, I'm in nirvana.

Lots of people will tell you that you "lose" half of your life while sleeping. I don't agree--Nothing is lost if you enjoy it. They'll say there's a way to figure out how much of your life that you actually have lost or will lose before you die, but you know what?

I don't want to waste my time doing math--I could be lying in bed sleeping instead!

1 comment:

Rhon said...

Ahhhhh yes. I do know that feeling. Remember I am the lady who has said,"If I ever hit the Lotto I will never sleep on sheets again that aren't on the bed fresh." Its truly one of those little pleasures in life!