Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday... Reprise


Yeah, I felt like adding to my post this morning. Partly because I didn't have time to make a decent post, and partly because I had more stuff to yak about.

The day flew by at work, but that was mostly due to the fact that my trainee and myself both spent most of the day working on part of our equipment. The big news of the day (at least to me) is that we have two new employees, and one of them is a female! Woo... I like that. She looks to be about my age too. You can never have too many ladies to flirt with in my opinion--It helps make a pleasurable work environment (at least to me). She will be working in the office, not the shop. That's okay though--I am one of the chosen few with office access and I'm in there all the time.

I picked Sarah up from tennis tonight and she was in such a great mood. It seems that there was a temporary opening in varsity tennis and she was selected! As I said though--It's temporary. But still, she gets a bit of recognition this way, and she said the varsity practice was way better. I'm very happy for her. That means she'll be playing in the next varsity game instead of JV. At least I think that's what she said...

When she got in my car she had this big artwork that she was working on. It was about 2 feet x 3 feet in size, and she had drawn it freehand from a little 3" x 4" picture she clipped out of a nature magazine . She has it taped to a sort of a smooth board for both carrying it and working on it. It's a pastel pencil drawing and it is unbelievable! I wish I took a picture of it because she'll only have it home tonight to finish part of it, but I'm sure I'll get to see it again. It's a very vibrant and amazingly colorful picture of some sort of a tropical bird of paradise or something. I was floored... She has certainly got some serious talent! I can't wait to see it displayed somewhere prominent so I can say, "That is my daughter's picture!"

Before I left for work today, I placed bid on a fuel petcock for my Harley to replace the aging leaky one that it came with when it was new in 1991. It was an EBay auction, but I knew I would get it because there were lots of them for sale and nobody was buying. After stopping off after work and picking up some specialty stainless steel bolts I ordered on Friday, I came home and finalized the EBay transaction on the petcock. What is a petcock? That's the little on/off/reserve fuel switch that hangs below the gas tank. Mine was leaky and crappy. I did some more work on the bike tonight too before going to pick Sarah up, and I'm feeling better about my progress. I've still got a ways to go though.

When I got back home, I backed my car into the driveway just in time to see my neighbor lady getting out of her car in her garage. We talked for a while about this and that. It turns out that she finally retired a couple weeks ago. I'm so happy for her... She worked for years at Home Depot, a thankless retail job. She was so happy that now she had her life back! She is now off all the time on weekends and she gets to spend lots of time babysitting her grandkids all the time in Bonney Lake and Gig Harbor whenever she wants to. The only bad thing I heard was that she was thinking about moving. Oh no! She is the nicest neighbor... What if I get a loud, obnoxious one? Or one with a subwoofer? Oh well, no use in fretting over it until it happens.

Who knows, I may get a nice single lady neighbor. Stranger things have happened...

No comments: