Thursday, July 05, 2007

Humans Are Like Bacon...


...They keep cooking after you take them off the fire!

I wanted to eliminate my white ass for a change this season, so I decided to get some nude sunning done yesterday. Because of the walkways on both sides of my yard, there is only a certain little spot in my yard that is away from prying eyes in either of those two directions. It's still sort of a gamble though, because even that little spot isn't out of view from someone looking through the back fence or from the bedroom windows of my next door neighbor, Gayle (who was out of town--I checked). Anyway, at about high noon I went out with my sunning blanket. I got almost a full hour of sun, carefully rotating myself to different sides and direction every 15 minutes (I took my watch out with me.)

My intent was to to stay home and naked all day yesterday and relax, but after a while I started to get a little stir-crazy. I decided to take the Harley over to Steve's house and maybe get a dip in his pool. I grabbed a swimsuit (I hate those things now... haha) and put on my overalls. About this time I started to notice a little color showing up on my skin. Good, I thought--I got enough sun this time. I rode out to their house in Puyallup, enjoying the 90+ degree day weather dressed as I was. When I went to the bathroom and dropped my overalls off, it was apparent that I got a little too much sun. Yep, pretty nicely pink... And almost every square inch of myself too. The only spots that didn't get much are on my sides. I stayed a couple hours, drank, swam in the pool, and at their insistence, stayed for dinner.

The day before I had called my insurance people and had Sarah's car added to my policy, intending to remove it once again after our trip next week. After I left Steve's house I went home, swapped the Harley for the Neon, and went over to Teresa and Sarah's house and swapped cars. I'll drive Sarah's car to work today and tomorrow as kind of an evaluation before the trip, to see if it needs anything looked at. I should have done this maybe a week ago--There's not much time left.

Back to work today for two more days. I may take the Harley tonight and go to a biker bar out in Cumberland that I went to a couple weeks back. Steve and Maria said they were going tonight, so if I feel like it I may also. Actually, I'd much rather not even get dressed at this point...

I sure hope I don't peel...

No comments: