Monday, July 23, 2007

The Writing Void


I must be in it. I haven't had any desire to write anything down in quite a few days.

All last week was rainy. Rain, rain, rain. Twice I got up and almost rode the Harley to work only to be very glad I didn't a couple hours later when it started raining and never stopped the whole day.

Teresa called right after I got home from work on Friday and asked me if I'd ride with Sarah when she takes her boyfriend back home. She has been sick all week and still wasn't up to going out of the house. Because Sarah only has a learner's permit, someone has to ride with her (in Teresa's car.) After that quick jaunt, she asked me if I would drive her to Southcenter in an hour or so. Evidently there was a big Harry Potter party at the Barnes & Noble store there and a bunch of her friends were already there. They were going to hang out and be teenagers until the book officially went on sale at midnight.

Friday was also one of the worst times I've seen the leaky heater core in my car dump water on the passenger floor on the way to work in the morning. It's obvious I need to address the issue right away. So when Sarah called later on for her ride to Southcenter, I told her we'd have to drive with a window or two open (it was getting moist in there) and she'd have to keep her feet out of the way of the drips. What a great car. I'm still toying with just getting rid of it and keeping the one I bought Sarah...

Saturday I had the big party to attend up in Lynnwood, so before I left I got under the hood of the Neon and disconnected the heater core. I looped one hose back to the engine so coolant still flowed--It just didn't go anywhere inside the car any more. That means no defroster or heater any more until it's fixed, but also no more leaking.

The party was good, but not great. The reason was totally my fault. I didn't eat hardly anything all day, and when I did start eating, it was too late. In other words, I got too drunk too fast. I ended up taking a nap on the couch in the living room at about 10pm. The party was out in the back yard for the most part, so it was okay. I was pissed at myself though. There was a great turnout of people, some of which showed up a bit late and didn't stay long, and I ended up missing a few of them. I ended up staying overnight just as I planned, but didn't have to use my sleeping bag as there was a crappy fold-out bed in the first bedroom. Overall, I had fun, but I'm still pissed at myself.

Yesterday was mostly a sit around recovery day. I got home at about 11am, but was never really worth a shit all day. I did manage to get a little work done on the Harley at least. I'm just making some adjustments to the saddlebags to let them nestle in closer to the sides of the bike. I chose to do it in the nude as usual. I almost didn't do it because it felt pretty muggy in the garage. I would have loved to be able to open the garage door while I was working, but I decided I would rather be nude and slightly uncomfortable. I guess in retrospect, I should have just opened the garage door for a while before I started working... Then closed it again. Oh well. I think summer is supposed to return this week, so I need to get it finished up as soon as possible. Maybe tonight. I need to buy a few bolts to finish it.

I uploaded all our vacation pictures from mine and Sarah's vacation yesterday to Glowfoto.com. I chose them because they keep the pictures in their original size. The trouble is that it seems to keep wanting to rearrange them. I fought and fought with them off and on and still never seemed to get anywhere. There are still some that need to be rotated and stuff like that, but here's the links to em:

Rick's pictures Sarah's pictures

No comments: