Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sitting Here in Boise Idaho...


Yep, it don't get no better'n this does it? Livin' the American Dream... Hanging out at the pool at a Best Western motel in Boise, Idaho, typing on my laptop. Nah, I don't think so... Even the name Boise, Idaho sounds cheesy to me.

I'm sitting out by the pool listening to kids running all around and being kids. Just now I was reminded of he fact that there are no helmets required in Idaho when two Harley's went roaring by with riders' hair flying. Oh well... Some day I may ride my bike out this way so that I can enjoy it. Sarah was out here too, but just went inside to watch TV.

Our trip today was good. I could have been great, but it was HOT. To tell you the truth, I enjoyed it, but Sarah was pretty miserable. We had lots of nice cold water to drink, but even with windows down and going down the freeway, it was hot. When we pulled into this place this evening, the thermometer across the street said 102 and it was about 6pm then.

The car ran superb! I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable ride either (well, other than maybe AC). I totally love the cruise control! It also gives you a feeling of security when you pass a speed trap, knowing you're totally in the right. When we finally stopped for gas in Idaho, we had logged 452 miles on the first tank. It got a hair over 34 miles to the gallon. Not bad!

Tomorrow we're going to be checking out the Great Salt Lake and the Bonneville Salt Flats. I'm not sure how far we'll get tomorrow either, but it really doesn't matter... It's all good.

Well, the only way this could be better is if I could do it nude I guess, but it'll do!

No comments: