Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hump Day


You know, Monday was exactly what I expected at work: A mess. That's actually to be expected though. To go back to work to a clean desk after a week off would be very suspicious. I wasn't in the best mood because of the shock of going back to work, but I made the best of it and things went fairly smoothly. I got a lot done.

After work I stopped off and picked up my new glasses. They work great--I can see a lot better at the intermediate range now. The distance and close-up portions (they are progressive lenses of course) stayed the same, but the doc made changes to my reading/computer range. It helped a lot! They are also much more stylish than the old round ones I had before.

I changed the oil in Sarah's car and gave it a good vacuum job. It was totally filthy. I was going to take it back over to exchange it back for my car after dinner, but I didn't feel like getting dressed again. Dinner was a steak I had in the fridge. I decided it was BBQ time so I fired up the grill.

A weird thing happened during my cooking time though--For the first time that I can recall, I almost went outside naked without thinking about it. I caught myself as I was going through the sliding glass door. Weird. You know, a person should be able to do a simple thing like that if they want to. I guess that just goes to show you how comfortable I am in the nude. Actually, the only thing really limiting me (as far as I'm concerned anyway) is the open access to the building right next door. There is a walkway around the corner to my back yard and there is no door or gate on it. In addition, the fence is a little short in height. I should take the time to build a gate for my yard at least. The problem is that the gate needs to look like the fence it's hooked to (white siding like the apartment) and also has to be able to be opened from the outside so the landlord can mow the yards. I'll see what I can do this fall maybe.

Yesterday I wanted to ride the Harley to work, but was disappointed to find it raining in the morning. Work went worse yesterday. My shipping/receiving work (my main job) went well, but we had a no-show and the owner had me running a press for about 4 hours. My neck and back were killing me. The repetitive motions of going back and forth to the press and it's controls ruined my day. On the way home I stopped at Sarah's and exchanged cars. Now I have my old ugly Neon back. I called the insurance company and cancelled the insurance I had placed on it for our trip.

I hope I have a better day today. I woke up during the night with a helluva backache and had to reposition myself carefully to get back to sleep. I'm fine now, but I don't need that kind of aggravation.

I'm looking forward to a party in Lynnwood this Saturday. It is a bunch of chat room friends, most of which I had met at a meet/greet in Everett a month or two ago. It should be a lot better than the last one though. This time it's actually a housewarming party and most of the people are staying overnight. That means drinking and naughty behavior!

Sometimes it's great to be an adult...

No comments: