Thursday, January 17, 2008


I hate it when I wake up in pain. I never know if I should just wait a bit and enjoy my coffee and see if it goes away, or address it with pain pills as soon as possible. This morning I awoke with a backache and a headache both. And tired too.

Nice way to start the day, no?

Much to my delight, Sue was over last night. It was a great night to snuggle in front of a fire, that's for sure. It might have been better if it was stormy out, but only because then we'd be able to hear it and it would add to the ambiance. Although she stayed past my bedtime, she still left too soon. I'm sure that fact had nothing (or very little anyway) to do with my feeling tired this morning. It was the pain not the sleep. Really.

I rode the Harley to work yesterday. It was one of those clear, cold mornings that would have required window scraping--I think it was about 31 degrees. It was a great ride! I was telling someone later that some days I ride in knowing I'm going to freeze and actually don't, and other days I might ride in expecting it will be somewhat comfortable and I freeze to death. Yesterday was the former. The only thing is, when I get to work I have to use my mirror to see where to unclasp my helmet because I can't feel my fingertips. I was telling Suzie last night that I put up with a cold ride in so I can enjoy a ride home obviously, but the macho side of me also enjoys hearing someone comment on it. Here's one exchange yesterday:
Shakes his head, "You must have balls."
"Well, I did when I left home..." I admitted, shivering.

I do know I didn't see a single biker on the way home last night, and it was a nice afternoon too. The old sports saying applies when it comes to riding to work in the winter:

"No pain, no gain."

No comments: