Monday, January 07, 2008

That Dreaded Hum


Yes, the humming sound within my head that has plagued me off and on for so long is back, and it's back with a vengeance.

It's the strangest thing to experience. Even though I'm a decent writer (my opinion, not anyone else's...) I still can't put it into words very well. This time it isn't constant like it was in the past--It's off and on just like someone switches it. When it comes on, I can turn my head and it may go off instantly--Like a "head-turning" muscle caused it to do so. Even if at that point I don't move a muscle, the hum will switch back on in a few seconds. It's possible that maybe I've got a cold or virus and don't know it, and maybe that's causing it? I know that I don't really get sick like most people do, but it may be that I do get sick and it just manifests itself differently in me than in most people. I always did claim to be a little different...

It was a good weekend, but from a sleep habits standpoint, a very weird one. Starting with Sue's visit on Friday that caused me to go to bed so late, it just kept going that way. I ended up waking up that next morning early like usual, so didn't get enough sleep. That night I was at the computer after eating dinner and got really tired all of a sudden so I threw myself across the top of the bed and closed my eyes. I woke up in the same position 4 hours later--Wide awake and wearing a bedspread imprint in my naked skin from head to toe. At that point, it was bedtime and I was wide awake. I ended up reading for a couple hours and finally got to sleep, albeit a somewhat fitful sleep. Again I awoke somewhat early. Last night I ended up going to sleep a little early, thinking that I may finally get myself back in sync, but no... Wide awake at 2:30am and never got back to sleep. It's a frustrating thing when you're looking right at your alarm clock when it goes off...

Although my yesterday started out as a usual Sunday with usual things like laundry, it did change at mid-afternoon. I went up to Federal Way and met up face-to-face with Bethine, a new friend I've made online. We met at Vince's Italian Restaurant and had a great chat for a couple hours. We "met" a week or so ago on Datehookup.com. I had just found the site and started a profile on there to see what would happen. Meeting people online is an odd way of doing it to many "old-school" folks, but I find it very comfortable. Get used to it folks--It's getting more and more common! Anyway, she's a very nice lady and I look forward to a great friendship. I love making friends!

No comments: