Monday, January 14, 2008

The Weekend Report


I hate it when I forget to buy milk. That means I have to have coffee black this morning. I won't let it get me down though and ruin my day... I won't I won't I won't.

I was a very interesting weekend for me. The weird thing is that I don't really want to blog it all. Why? Well, let's put it this way: It's centered around the romance category, and at this stage in the game I feel I need to be a bit discreet.

I don't mind saying though that it's pretty cool for someone my age to be experiencing the same sort of excitement that a kid in school probably feels when they have their first romantic involvement. I say probably because it's been an awful long time since I was at that point in my life, and I'm surely not going to remember the emotions that were felt when I was 16 or 17 years old...

There are a few factors involved that make me want to keep it a little hushed at this point, but I'm sure as time goes on it won't be long before it's all laid bare here in these pages. For anyone that reads this as their little soap opera, you can pretend this is the teaser for the new season premiere!

I did get the Harley out yesterday for a while. It was so beautiful I would have kicked myself for days had I not. Just as before, it was a bit of a challenge to get it started. It's just too long in between rides I guess. When I ride it all the time it just fires right off. That's okay though--I keep the battery on the charger all the time when I'm not riding it, so if I have to grind on it a lot to get it started it can take it. I still remember the time or two I had to drive my car to work after the bike wouldn't start. That was awful to have to take all the leathers back off. It felt almost like punishment.

Steve came over on his bike right after lunch. His still has "new bike smell" because it's so new. I think he only has about 300 miles on it so far. When he came riding up on it and music was playing, I waited for him to shut the bike off before chastising him.
"Hey, Harley riders don't play music while they're riding!" I teased.
He laughed. "It's okay if you're if you're over 50." he said.
He had just recently had a little work done on it and he wanted to show me and tell me about it. He obviously felt the same need to get out on the road that I did.

I got to chat with Sarah online right before bed. She was expressing her pleasure about how fast her new laptop is--Even through dial up internet. We may go play tennis this afternoon. That will be fun.

Well, it's Monday... Ready or not week, here I come!

No comments: