Friday, February 15, 2008

It's Friday, and it's a 3-Day Weekend!


I love my Fridays. Suzie loves them too. Know why? That's because we don't have a bedtime on Friday and our parents let us stay up as late as we want. Neener, neener.

Yesterday was a boring day for me at work, but a fairly good one for Suz. We had discussed leaving her a "secret admirer" valentine for people at work to talk about. For some reason, they think that she's going to die a lonely "old maid" or something. Maybe it's the fact that she's worked there almost 10 years and has been single the whole time--Who knows. Anyway, it was time to dispel that notion.
I bought her a single rose, a little heart box o' candy, and a valentine card. The card was one of the "secret admirer" variety. I spent a little time the night before cutting out a bunch of letters from ads and magazines, making the outside of the envelope look like a ransom note you see on movies. It said "For Sue" on the outside and "Guess who" on the inside. I didn't want anyone to catch my handwriting. I left them on the corner of a table in the shop that sits near the door to the office. When it was found and carried in, it gave everyone something to talk about throughout the day.

In other news, the picture site I have online that I was ranting about the other day came back up. When that happens it's kind of a wake-up call and reminds you that you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. I'll make sure to have some back-up for that site like I do everything else. I still own all the original pictures of course, but it's nice to at least know what was in a site that might go down and disappear. Sometimes you can't remember everything that was in there or linked to it.

Teresa called last night. She's still the fearless furnace fighter, still refusing to pay for the part that will allow her furnace to work without having to jiggle a wire all the time and hope for it to start. While she sounded like she had finally met her limit and was ready to get it fixed, I doubt she will. If she managed to get it to come on one more time she'll put it off. She's just like Bernie at work. "Will it work until tomorrow with that duct tape on it? Good, give that a shot then."

As I said, we have Monday off at work. The good thing about that is both Suzie and I have the day off. What will we do? Who knows, but I'm sure it will be enjoyable regardless what it is. Maybe we'll go shooting pictures somewhere. She has a new zoom lens for her new camera that she's going to be excited about trying out.

No comments: