Sunday, February 03, 2008

Happy Sunday Morning!


It's Sunday morning but it feels like I've had a 4-day weekend. Isn't that weird? You know how sometimes when you sit around for an entire weekend and do nothing that it seems to go whoosh and suddenly it's Monday morning? And other times you do something like go camping, or travel, or something that deviates from your usual routine and it makes the weekend seem so much longer and more pleasurable?

This seems to have been one of the latter. It's like time slows down or something. And here it is Sunday morning and I still have a full day off in front of me!

It's not what I did, but rather, who I did it with that made the difference I guess. How else can I explain it? Suzie came over Friday evening to a nice dinner that I had prepared for us, and the fire was roaring to keep us toasty. I think what really made for a perfect evening was the fact that we were both wearing flannel comfy jammies as lounge wear. Good food, good company, a nice fire, hundreds of movies to choose from, plenty of booze... It was definitely a recipe for a perfect evening!

Yesterday she came over again before noon and I drove us to Tacoma Mall for some shopping. I won't say what she bought because that would take away the surprise when she finally gets it in a couple weeks and gets to show her purchase off at work. On the way home I took us to a good burger lunch (no, not fast food). We both ended up ordering the same thing (she has good taste, and I'm a copycat). After going home and watching a movie, we both took a much-needed "post-burger" nap. When it came time for dinner later in the evening, we got to select from quite a smörgåsbord of leftovers in my fridge because I have been cooking almost every evening lately. We finished off the evening by looking at a bunch of pictures of each other's lives.

I know, I know--Yawn, right? Well everything is exciting when new love is blossoming. The most boring tasks take on a whole new light. The cool thing is, if the boring stuff becomes moderately fun and interesting, the more exciting stuff is bound to trigger some serious enjoyment.

Bring on the nice weather baby... We have some Harley riding to do!

No comments: